Monday, May 10, 2010

Love Wins (A Poem by Cathy Gruma)

Someone lied to me
and told me I needed to even the score;
that I must mock back;
they have to understand what they did to me
before I forgive them.
Someone lied to me
when they told me
to "put them in their place"
to stay away until they finally wake up
and do their part
to satisfy my need to be accepted and understood by them;
until they say,
"Oh, I am sorry
you didn't deserve that
you deserve so much more
I was wrong
I acted wrongly toward you
I am so sorry."
Someone lied to me
when they told me to get revenge
that turning the other cheek was a fairytale for weaklings;
the only thing to do is fight
to make them see
to get justice
for me.
As long as I live
I may never see justice for me.
I may never hear the words I need to hear
to help me let go and forgive,
but the lies I have heard will not remedy my soul
nor increase my understanding.
Forgive
Let go and see
not with hate or from a resentful place;
the truth is opposite
of what that liar said to me.
The truth chooses love
believes in love
lives love;
and knows that love has more power than the strongest and most powerful army of sticks, stones, guns, and words, of plans, schemes, retaliation and fear.
Love wipes out fear
brings peace.
That liar is still stalking me,
but his voice is muffled
because I choose not to listen.
Love wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment