Monday, March 11, 2013

Truth and Rain

Truth and Rain
A poem by Cathy Gruman, 03/11/13 (updated 3/4/16)

First you were
then you weren't
then I thought you were
but you really weren’t
then you said you were
then I wasn’t sure
although you knew
you wouldn’t tell
so I kept on under your spell.
Then I suspected
but still didn’t know
so you let the lies grow and grow
and because of my heart
not too smart
when it comes to love
I acted stupid
that’s right
stupid;
a least favorite word of mine
but fit so well
under your spell
I felt stupid.
Then a light came
a glimmer of truth
dropped under my nose
and sent me in the right direction
and not much longer
out yonder
the truth
it grew and grew
and took a shape that I could finally see, believe and know
enough to finally leave.

Then the rain comes as it always seems to do when I am feeling the art of healing and freeing in my soul.
I love you rain, you help make me whole.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's really beautiful! You are very talented! I really like this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been 4 years since you commented! I haven't been on my poetry blog for a while. Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete