Thursday, December 24, 2009

Thai Food Christmas Eve (A poem by Cathy Gruman)

Thai food Christmas (cgruman
lights shine brightly
flickering lightly
the windows reflecting
the silhouettes inside
audible chatters
dishes clatter
and a car streams quietly by
music flowing through my headphones
of favorite artists I revere
a dog barks
and a dark shadow of a man slithers in front of me
crossing the street my heart skips a beat
then he walked up the stairs for his family to greet
Christmas trees lit
flat screens bright
a woman walks to her front door
we smile mouthing the word "hello"
Miko sings
my heart rings
almost home
move my car
avoid a ticket
Christmas day?
this is LB
...that's what I say
in the door
endorphines high
my eldest son will soon be here
we'll celebrate Christmas Eve cheer
stomach growling
spirits high
walk through that door, son
let's order some Thai.

No comments:

Post a Comment